The City is committed to conducting a process that engages stakeholders in the community and proactively provides room for the broader public to engage. Your ideas and feedback are critical in ensuring that plan recommendations are realistic and respond to the needs of the community. Without community support, plans do not succeed. We need to hear from you!
Please subscribe to our mailing list using the subscribe form that appears on this page. This will allow you to receive email notices about our upcoming events.
Upcoming events can be found on the Upcoming Events page.
Also, you may contact us to provide feedback at any time by emailing us at NewhallPlan@santa-clarita.com.
Old Town Newhall Specific Plan Walking Tour – June 26, 2021
The City held the first public event on June 26, 2021. Below is a summary of major themes from participant input provided through surveys, questionnaires, and verbal comments.
- Improve and expand bicycle access and infrastructure
- Participants noted interest in biking to Old Town Newhall. Some participants noted a need to improve bike infrastructure availability through Old Town Newhall.
- Participants highlighted bike lanes as a potential improvement to increase bike access as well as safety.
- Activate the public realm through sidewalk and building design
- Comments highlighted an interest in expanding outdoor dining and activated sidewalks that maintain outdoor entertainment opportunities.
- Some participants shared an interest in mixed-use development, including developing more housing near Old Town Newhall.
- Preserve and celebrate Old Town Newhall’s history and culture
- Participants highlighted the need for preserving historic buildings and businesses from Old Town Newhall.
- Some participants shared a special interest in keeping businesses local.
- Support more outdoor community programming and activities
- Participants identified an interest in community events that encourage walking and biking.
- Participants noted an interest in closing Main St. on specific days to improve pedestrian access to Old Town Newhall.